Monday, June 09, 2008

iPhone complaints

I've been cruising along the interwebs reading 3G iPhone feedback and have noticed some complaints. Let's look at a few and see which ones are legit beefs, and who's just whining.

1. No 5 Megapixel camera. Boo-hoo. A 5 Megapixel camera would be nice, but come on, it's over kill for that tiny lens. Who do you think you are, Ansel Adams? If you're really into photography that much, get an SLR already.

2. No flash. OK, this is a legit beef. I mean, come on, the whole reason you need a camera on your phone is when you're at a dark bar/club, you didn't bring a camera because you're not a girl and don't have a purse (or you are a chick and just plain forgot), and you want to take pictures with your drunken friends and that hot chick who had a few too many and flashes everyone. Of course, you whip out your cellphone and snap off a shot, but the pictures are so dim that they're not even worth e-mailing them, never mind putting on your Flickr or Picassa page. Come on, an ultra bright LED can't be that hard to integrate, can it?

3. No cut and paste. Bingo. Now we're cooking. No cut and paste makes it nearly impossible to blog from your phone, plus it has all sorts of other uses. I mean, seriously, how many times do you cut and paste and not even think about it?

4. No front facing camera/no AV chat. This is the dumbest complaint I've ever heard. Seriously, who the hell are you going to video chat with? Video chatting is the most useless idea in the history of ideas. The only time where it even remotely makes sense is on the bridge of the USS Enterprise. Video phones will become mainstream right around the time soccer goes mainstream in the U.S., which is to say: Never!

5. No A2DP. Yawn. Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking: I had A2DP headphones all during my Treo phase and sung their praises. People, Iisten up: I HAD NO CHOICE! Treo headphone jacks would only last a month and then I had to use A2DP. Otherwise, I had no way of listening to my tunes. Honestly, I don't miss them. Not one little bit. It's one more gadget to keep charged and they look dorky even by my standards. Plus, bluetooth sucks.

6. Why hasn't the iPod touch come down in price? It probably will, but who cares! Are you really going to get an iPod touch when an iPhone does everything except cook you breakfast? People, this is the era of convergence. Wallet, Phone, Keys! WPK! That's all you need, soon you might not even need a wallet, like in Japan where you use your cellphone to buy everything. Having a separate MP3 player and phone is just dumb.

Well that does it for now, but I'm sure to see more complaints as the hours and days roll by. I reserve the right to revise and extend my remarks later.

No comments: