Friday, July 11, 2008

iPhone 2.0 has bricked my iPhone

This post from Engadget says it all:

Update 5: Looks like the activation servers are on the fritz, so if you updated your iPhone you can't activate it with 2.0 just yet, leaving you with a locked iPhone. Even more fun!

Yeah fun isn't exactly the operative word I'd be using at the moment. I started this process at 8:07 and it's now 8:57 with no end in sight....

I'm assuming all 6 million of the old iPhone users are going through this at the same time, so this may turn out to be an all day affair. I'm going to go out and pound the pavement, and check back around lunch time. Hopefully I'm not missing a zillion calls...

2 comments:

Azora said...

i did exactly the same as you but hopefully someone will find away to fix it

Anonymous said...

2.0 bricked my "unlocked" iPhone. 2.5 hours and I have to leave for a trip. Fuming!