Saturday, July 12, 2008

iPhone unbricked, again

After all the restores and syncs, Super Monkey Ball still didn't work. I nearly tossed the iPhone at this point. I then calmly deleted all of the apps of the iPhone. I just synced Super Monkey Ball and eReader, and then I got a message saying the computer wasn't authorized for those apps. Completely flummoxed I went back to the iPhone App Store and downloaded the first free app I could find, some arcade program, and mercifully it worked.

Long story short I had to go into the iTunes library and double click on Super Monkey Ball, authorize it, and then resync it back to the iPhone. It finally worked, but I had to start from scratch in the game (I had unlocked a couple things). Small price to pay considering it's now 2:20 in the morning. I wasn't going to sleep without this being resolved. As a final test I went from Super Monkey ball to play tunes on Shuffle to watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force to checking my e-mail, weather and stocks, and to cap it off I checked my photos and took a picture. Everything seems to be in order, but I've been fooled before. Tomorrow I'm going to get some new books from the eReader and see how that goes.

No comments: