Wednesday, November 26, 2008

First impressions of garmin forerunner 205

As you can see in the post below I took my brand new Garmin Forerunner 205 for a spin last night and after a little bit of work, figured out how to embed the map on my page here. The Forerunner 205 itself is a rather large watch, but it fits nice. The strap is a little small but they have a larger one in the box. GPS satellite acquisition was so fast I didn't even see the "Acquiring satellites" message that kept me waiting (and waiting) on my old Forerunner 101. The backlight was bright enough to see my progress in the dark. I ran 2.2 miles according to the forerunner which seems reasonable, but the next run I'll do will be a know distance to test accuracy. So far I really like the Forerunner 205 but I love the map ability the most. Using the MotionBased website, I was able to upload my run and then I was able to add it to My Maps in Google Maps and embed it on my page. That's really what I was looking for when I got this and I couldn't be more pleased. I can't wait to do all the runs I've done in the past and see what they look like from a bird's eye view!

No comments: