Friday, April 17, 2009

Apple Bluetooth sucks!!

Look, I don't mind paying a premium for Apple stuff, but I fully expect the stuff to just WORK. I spend all day dealing with craptacular Windows machines at work and I don't feel like dealing with any computer drama when I get home. Now I went and bought (against my better judgement) a wireless Apple keyboard and Apple wireless Mighty Mouse for the Mac Mini in an effort to clean up the spaghettification of my couch. For three weeks, they worked great. Then I moved my wall mounted LCD screen. I always shutdown the Mac when I do a move of my equipment, and when I turned it back on, the mouse and keyboard were still working fine, for about 30 minutes. Then I got the dreaded Connection Lost. I figured the batteries died, but no, after a reboot of the Mac Mini I briefly regained bluetooth connectivity, looked at Keyboard and Mouse in System Preferences and they both had 5 bars of power. Apparently this is not unknown to the Apple community I saw 80 post on an Apple forum regarding this problem with zero solutions. It's a damn shame because I really love the Mighty Mouse, with all it's extra buttons it makes is a snap to navigate through all my windows using Spaces and Expose. And the keyboard was nice and small, not bloated with the superfluous number pad that I still have never used in my life. Oh well, I haven't given up hope yet, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. My other mouse and keyboard work fine, I just get sick of being all tangled uo in the wires on my couch.

1 comment:

arun said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "The Tinley Harrier: Apple Bluetooth sucks!!" to our Directory of Bluetooth Accessories You can check the inclusion of the post, here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

blutooth.info Team

http://www.blutooth.info