Saturday, April 04, 2009

Google Maps crashing on iPhone

Google Maps has been crashing on my iPhone lately. I finally figured out a way to get it working yesterday. I went into Settings and turned location services off, then I launched the iPhone Google application, from which I launched Google Maps. For whatever reason that got it too work. I then went back into settings to turn location services back on, because I like to see where I an when navigating through Chicago's SW side, where I was trying to find one of my coworker's houses. Google Maps has been a little (OK maybe a lot) sluggish with the location services, so I've decided to hit the current location button once inside the app, any more then that I think it crashes. Anyways just thought I post that for anyone who might be having problems with the iPhone Google Map app crashing because I didn't see any other posts about it.

1 comment:

hrdina said...

Thanks for posting this. I was running beta3 version 1 and it suddenly started crashing this morning. Updated to beta3 version 2 and the same thing happened. I will take your advice. Thanks a lot.