Saturday, April 04, 2009

iPhone programming class on iTunes U

OK this is just cool. Stanford's CS193P course in iPhone programming (here is the class website and iTunes link) is now online on iTunes U. I just watched the video from the first course and really enjoyed it. I felt like I was back at college, except I can't remember ever getting this excited for a lecture back then. I felt a little bit better about myself when the Apple engineer teaching the class crashed his demo program on the fly. Using the Interface Builder is tricky indeed! I plan on doing viewing all the lectures and doing the assignments, it's almost like I'm a Stanford student! This iTunes U is a great idea and I hope more colleges, including my alma mater IIT, provide lectures online. This it was education is really about. Thanks for Engadget and Wired for the tip.

No comments: