Friday, June 05, 2009

Google Chrome for Mac: So far, so good

Look, I don't hate Safari. But there's something about it I just don't like about it. I can't put my finger on it, maybe it's the way it does favorites, or the tabs, I don't know. And don't get me started on Firefox. It's been in my doghouse ever since it couldn't do the simple task of logging on to Gmail. So I have really high hopes for Google's new browser, Chrome. Mind you, Chrome is in "pre-beta" at the moment, yet it seems to be running pretty well so far. No crashes in a few hours testing, (no surprise there), flash videos don't play yet (boo-hoo, no craptacular advertising) but other then that it's solid. I like the look and feel of the tabs, and the performance is gigity-gigity good. Hopefully Google will bring along flash and all the other stuff we expect soon, but barring something cataclysmic, this is my browser from now on for the Mac.

No comments: