Saturday, November 14, 2009

Got the MacBook Pro!

Well, I finally took the plunge. I rolled over to the Orland Square Apple Store and got myself a brand new 13" Macbook Pro (henceforth will be referred to as MBP). It's a thing of beauty, with the aluminum body, the back lit keys, the ginormous multitouch trackpad. I'm in the midst of transferring all of my files over. I've got my music and photos over so far, and it looks like Gimp, OpenOffice, Firefox, and even Xcode made it over OK. I had a little permission issue snafu that delayed things for awhile, but I think I've made it through the worst of it. Right now I'm going through the trickiest part, moving the iPhone over, but I've found a good article that I hope will get my apps and data over without any issues (crossing my fingers). Last, but not certainly not least, is to see if my own iPhone apps come over. I anticipate a nightmare of getting the certificates to work, so I'll think I'll save that for tomorrow.

No comments: